Chapter 1.21: Dear Universe

Dear Universe and Christy,

I apologize that I haven't written back to you even though I got your letter a week ago. It's been very difficult for me and my little sister this past week. I don't even know where to start explaining, someone I knew and who was important to me passed away. The police and the doctors said it was a heart attack but he was healthy. I don't understand it, not one bit. Toby was like a father to me, he raised me pretty much and now he is gone. 

I'm sorry.... I shouldn't be talking about such sad things with you. You're both so young and have so much to experience even if you are a ghost, Universe, don't let it stop you from doing what you want. Christy, live your dreams and always have fun, okay?

Mama took us to get our hair done and cut, I decided to cut mine shorter than I would have been okay with before. I'm a different person now, I don't feel so happy and young anymore. I feel lifeless and tired all the time. There I go again, talking about sad things and being all depressing. 

Here, I'll tell you about my little sister Serene. She's such a social butterfly, and wants to run around in pretty little dresses. 
That's her in the pink with the long black hair, like mine, but she has my mother grey eyes and I have my fathers dark brown eyes. Do you like my new hair cut? It's pretty cool I think. One day I'm going to mail you a painting and you can put it up on your wall, tell everyone that people DO paint still. 

Till next time,
Isobel


Isobel put the letter in a nice little envelop and put it in the mailbox; she went upstairs and decided to paint. Painting always helped her when she felt down and with Toby's passing, she desperately needed to paint. 

  


Comments

  1. Oh wow, I wonder how long she'll stay depressed. This is hard to see.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 1.47: A Tragic Past

Chapter 1.42: Who Are the Marinos?

Chapter: 1.27: Operation Stake Out