Chapter 1.24: Looking Forwards Not Back

Author's Note: This chapter is going to be a long one, so bear with me because you will hear from two different people here.

Serene stood in the park waiting for the few friends she actually trusted to show up, and sighed this was a hard choice. She liked all her friends, especially Xena who was alien but the decision to disband her previous club wasn't anything personal. Okay, that was a lie. It was personal, she hadn't felt much like gathering in the past six months. Most of her friends weren't mad at her, Xena and Nobuya were however mad at her because they enjoyed the club. Serene had enjoyed the club too, but she wasn't that nice little girl anymore. That club was the making of someone who didn't know what she knew.

She looked up as Ashton and Mateo arrived followed by Sofia. Good, everyone was here. "Okay, so I disbanded up the Runner Up's club and I know you are upset or well I think you could be, I don't know," Serene said.

"It was kind of fun, but the others kind of irritated me," Ashton told her. She smiled, he was always on her side. Mateo and Sofia weren't in the other club but knew each other from school and they had only moved to Willow Creek a few months ago.

"Yeah, they were mean to me and my sister because we're Hispanic," Mateo chimed in. She nodded, some of her friends picked on those two and she had stood up for them along with Xena.

"Okay great! So let's go to a different place and talk, too many people around," Serene said, as she called her mom to shuttle them to this place in New Crest.


"What is this place?" Mateo asked, and Serene grinned.

"This is the new club hangout place! I decided that we need a new club, and you are all invited!" Serene declared. "But first, do you believe in vampires? Like not the lame Twilight sparkling ones but the real evil and blood thirsty ones?" she asked.

"Oh I don't know," Sofia said as she looked down at her hands.

"Totally! I read about them on this site once!"Mateo said. This was going better than she had thought, and then when she caught Ashton watching her she smiled.

"I'm in," Ashton said. "So this new club? Sofia, don't be afraid of them! That's what they want, and besides you have us to protect you!" he told her.

"Great! Vampires are dangerous, like seriously dangerous and we need to make sure they don't hurt anyone! That's what this club is all about! Protecting the people we care about," Serene told them. One by one they all nodded in agreement. "Now, what are we going to name this club?" She asked.

"Hunters!" Mateo yelled.

"No! That's a boys club name! Guardians?" Sofia asked.

"What if we combine them? A name that combines them? Like..... Sentinels?" Ashton asked, looking around.

"Yeah, the Sentinels! I like it," Mateo said, he grinned and looked to his sister that also nodded. "Serene?"

"I love it," Serene said. It was settled, they were now the Sentinels.


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


"Serene! That is not how we talk to people!" Mama said, and Serene looked away. Isobel, sat there next to the elderly man and watched as her sister was scolded. Their mama had decided to try and do better with them rather than leave them alone. It was a nice change, and it had been a great help when she was still in that dark place. Her grades had slipped, and she had been skipping classes to hangout a clubs with junkies.

"Mama! He doesn't belong here!" Serene yelled. Isobel winced, the elderly man was still here to listen to this.

"I don't care, you don't treat people like that," Mama told her. "I think it's time you go to bed," Mama said. Isobel giggled as Serene stomped her foot and started to mutter something under her breath. "What was that young lady? You want to lose your favorite dolls? Sure thing!" Mama said, as she took her by the arm up to bed.

"Well that was interesting," Isobel said with an uneasy laugh.

"Indeed," the elderly man said.

"Well, I'm going to go in now, nice sitting here with you I guess," Isobel said and then went inside. Damn, he gave her the creeps. No wonder Serene blew her lid at him, maybe she was onto something and had it right.


Author's Note: This section is designed to respond to Xantheanmar's characters Universe and Chirsty from the the Pen Pal Project!


Dear Universe,

It has been so long since we last talked and that is my fault, I went through a period where I did a lot of bad things. Mostly breaking any and all rules, but I am getting better. How have you two been? 

Isobel paused, trying of what to write to them. Three months was a long time without letters, maybe she could write about birthdays and guys? No, they were likely still too young to think about guys. She then remembered the advice that Universe gave her about Serene, and smiled as that was something.

Also, thank you for the advice on my little sister. I spent a lot of time with her and tried to be there for her. It's almost scary but I think she may be going through her own dark period now. She's so different, not the social and polite little girl she used to be. I'm going to try to help her through it, and Mama is going to try also. 

Hmm, do you remember when I told you about Seth? The boy I liked, well he was a great help and a really good friend while I was in that bad place. I think it was all him that made me realize just how bad I had gotten. We grew really close to each other, and had some nice moments alone together. I just don't know what I'm going to tell Hayden, the boy I kind of date sometimes because I think he is in love with me but I'm not sure if I can return those feelings. 

Her mama came into the room then, standing a few feet away as she continued to write some more. "Does your Pen Pal help?" Mama asked her. Isobel nodded, as she read over what she had written. "Good, keep it up," Mama said and then left the room. 

What's been going on with you two? Any fun stories or crazy things? I bet there's a few things that I missed. 

Sincerely,
Isobel Bay   


Comments

  1. What's with the old guy? A new boyfriend for Juniper?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm concerned about the new man too. I hope it's not the Black widow's victim. Yup, I officially think of Juniper as a black widow.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 1.47: A Tragic Past

Chapter: 1.27: Operation Stake Out

Chapter 1.42: Who Are the Marinos?