Chapter 1.42: Who Are the Marinos?

"You want to have our wedding here, baby?" Seth asked me. He had that dreamy look in his eyes again, like he always does when he talks about our future together and I smiled, it was pretty here. I could just see it now, walking down the aisle in my wedding dress and Seth in a nice suit as my mother smiled at me at the end before giving me to him for the rest of my life. "You can see it too," he whispered.

"I do," I said softly, and he smiled.

"What if we have have another baby in a few years," Seth asks, "I'll try real hard to make sure it's a girl so we have one of each." I laughed, it was just like him to joke around like that, and I shook my head. I wasn't anywhere near ready to have this baby let alone to start thinking about a second baby. "Okay, baby. Maybe we will stick with one kid for our family and get Valentine to push out some little cousins for our boy," he said.

"Do you think we'll be okay parents?" I asked him.

"Are you kidding me? Don't you remember freaking out about what kind of bed, potty training chair and all that at the store? We were literally there all day long, and you were still freaking out. You are going to be a great parent! I'm not so sure about myself though," Seth said, looking a little unsure about where he stood.

"You'll be great too," I said, and kissed him. Seth was invested in our future and the closer we got to Rylan's due date the more attentive he became. It was kind of scary how attentive he was, I could wince or sneeze and he was right there asking me if I was okay.


"Seth, when do I get to meet your parents?" I asked, remembering what Allen said. His usual smile and laid back attitude changed, his eyes now dark and angry. I took a step back, and watched as his whole body tensed up. "Seth?" I asked.

"Where did this come from?" Seth asked, looking right at me. I could see he was trying to be nice about it but he was struggling.

"Just thinking that I've never met you're parents, and I'm going to be a part of your family yet I don't even know your family," I said, looking at my feet or well trying to.

"Okay," Seth said softly, he took a step towards me. "It's a long story," he said.

"We have forever to tell it," I whispered, and he smiled. I could still see some darkness in his eyes but my Seth was definitely coming back to me.

"Promise me you won't leave me once I tell you," Seth begged me.

"Is it bad?" I asked.

"Yes," Seth whispered, and I promised.




Comments

  1. Ohhh. I wonder how bad is bad? Seth seems to be really in love with her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prediction: His parents are vampires. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously?? She just promised without any more info? I guess...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 1.47: A Tragic Past

Chapter 1.22: Death's Rules