Chapter 1.10: Heart to Heart


"Ok, so listen. And I mean really listen to me when I say this," Isobel told little Serene. "So, you're my little sister and I think I am suppose to teach you how to be really smart like me," she said. Isobel paused, peering down at the baby, at her sister and then finally at the giant stuffed animal. "Lesson number one, that stuffed animal over there is a good listener. I used to tell her all my problems and I always felt better after I did," she told Serene.

Isobel paused, maybe Serene would give some sort of indication she understood. A burp, a gurgle or something, but there was no sign. "It's alright, we'll work on it. You're gonna be a smart person like me, hopefully. No offense but it's not looking too promising for you with all this crying, you do. Gonna have to stop screaming eventually so might as well start now. I guess that leads to lesson number two, if you want to be smart like me then you need to practice early! As soon as possible!" Isobel told the little baby. The screaming little baby was starting to grow on her, to the point where she was always in Serene's room and giving her little pep talks.

Isobel left her room, and went down stairs to see if she could beat mama at a game chess. She was finally starting to get the hang out of it.


"Sweetheart, you changed your hair again," Toby said as he watched from the sidelines. She giggled, mama was always trying new things and trying different styles.

"Sure did, thought it was time for a change," Mama said with a grin.

"Aw, well you look pretty fine no matter how your hair is," Toby told mama, as he winked.

"Ewww!" Isobel said and made a face. Mama and Toby just laughed, shaking their heads at her. Did they have to be so gross in front of her?

"Ha! Take that!" Isobel said, grinning. There was no way she was going to lose now, nope, it was impossible.

"Not so fast," Mama said. Her eyes went wide, no way, this couldn't be happening. It couldn't be, but it was. Mama had found a way, like usual.


Well mama had won, again. She was so frustrated that she ran up the stairs to vent, and as soon as she got to her room she went to look at the baby. "Ugh! I lost, again. Don't get any ideas about beating mama at chess, ok? It won't happen! She is just too good at the game," Isobel told the little baby. She got so wrapped up in a talking to Serene that she didn't notice mama and Toby walk in.

"It's a good thing she will have such a wonderful sister to look up to," Toby said, smiling down at them both. Isobel smiled back, maybe the baby wasn't so bad after all. Maybe it would all be okay.


Comments

  1. Glad she's growing to like her! I expectbshe will be a bossy big sister! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww, the baby is growing on her! I hope Serene likes endless advice so they can get along when they're older.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 1.47: A Tragic Past

Chapter 1.22: Death's Rules

Chapter 1.45: Breakthrough