Chapter 1.06: Memorable Moments


Juniper was surprised they made it through the night, because Isobel had yelled and threatened to run away. She, of course, yelled and threatened to lock her up in her bedroom if she tried to run away. Isobel had to laugh at everything, her daughter seemed to have more of herself in her than her father and that was a miracle. Vihaan was.... Well he was bat shit crazy and though she loved him there was no way she was dealing with a husband who was insane and obsessed over his past flame.

"Mama, what are you thinking of?" Isobel asked her.

"Your father," Juniper answered softly. She almost wished he was still here, alive and well so he could watch their beautiful little girl grow into a woman.

"What was he like?" Isobel asked. She looked over at her daughter, the daughter who had brought her so much joy and happiness. Juniper couldn't bring herself to ruin the pleasant thoughts her daughter had of her father.

"He was charming, he could make anyone smile with just a few words. He, of course, had black hair like you. You have his eyes, you know? His dark and mysterious but loving eyes. Vihaan, your father, had so many stories to tell, always talking about these crazy plots for novels. Isobel, he loved you very much. You had him wrapped around your fingers, and I know he would have wanted to be here for you. He would wave wanted to wipe your tears away, to go fishing with you and to chase away icky boys," Juniper said. Her gaze fell as her daughter had tears running down her face, she didn't understand. Why was so she upset?

"Mama, I wish papa was here with us. I wish he didn't have to become an angel and stayed here with us," Isobel as she sniffled.

"Oh honey, I wish he was here too. But the angels needed him to help watch over everyone. He's probably watching us right now, and smiling at his beautiful little dragon rider," Juniper said as she took Isobel into her arms.


"Oh my gosh! I think I caught something!" Juniper said excitably. Her excitement was fifty percent real and fifty percent fake, but she wasn't going to tell Isobel. She had promised to let Isobel teach her how to fish, and her daughter was now convinced she was a master at fishing.

"Don't be silly, mama. Fish only let masters catch them," Isobel said. Juniper made a face, yeah, this was her kid alright.

"I am not being silly. I think the fish like me better," Juniper teased.

"Aha! I knew had I had something!" Juniper said, smirking.

"Hmm, you had a master for a teacher," Isobel said, grinning. "Job well done, student."

"Oh yes, I had the greatest master of fishing in the world. Why don't we go and roast some mallows?" Juniper asked.

"Yes, please!" Isobel said.

"Come on then, my little marshmallow," Juniper said as she picked up the fishing equipment. Pausing, she looked to Isobel who seemed very perplexed. "Whats up, marshmallow?"

"If I'm a marshmallow, then I must be a burnt marshmallow because I have black hair," Isobel said.


"You are the best burnt little marshmallow," Juniper said. She had tried her best to keep her composure, but her daughters statement had put her over the edge. Juniper burst into hysterical laughter, tears running down her face from how amused she was.

Comments

  1. That was sweet for Juniper to not bad mouth Isobels father. I liked their interactions. So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LMAO @ burned marshmallow!! Isobel cracks me up. I have mixed feelings about Juniper's description of Isobel's father. I think that it's important to not bad mouth someone you're co-parenting with, but I think that honesty is equally important. And unless she's counting his ghost as her co-parent, she should've erred a little more on the side of truth. Obviously, she should leave out the bit about him being obsessed with his ex, but other stuff would've been fair to share.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 1.47: A Tragic Past

Chapter 1.22: Death's Rules

Chapter 1.45: Breakthrough