Chapter 1.26: What's Your Problem?


"No...." Hayden said as he stood there staring at Isobel and Seth through the window. Was she really kissing him? It had to be some sort of trick or something; she wouldn't do that to him. She had asked for space, and he gave it to her but this wasn't space. Why was she doing this?

Hayden didn't want to storm in there and cause a scene, after all he still couldn't get in trouble and so he turned around. He walked over to the fountain and frowned, their first fight was right by this fountain. He remembered telling her that her new haircut was interesting and that set her off.


"You cut your hair? It looks different," Hayden told her. She stiffened, and her eyes narrowed. Uh oh, time to backtrack. "A good different," he clarified. He reached forwards to brush a stray hair off her face but she grabbed his hand before he was even close.

"So what if I look different! Or does it matter to you? Well, does it?! Does it matter if I don't have long hair? Was that the only reason you liked me?!" Isobel yelled at him. Oh God, he thought, was she really asking him all this crap. She knew it didn't matter to him and yet she was acting so childish.

"What the hell is your problem? I just said it looked different!" Hayden said, rolling his eyes.

"My PROBLEM?!" Isobel yelled. "I don't know why don't ask someone who has been around!" she snapped. So that was her problem; she was pissed because he was out of town for a week. She had missed him, and he had missed her too. He leaned forwards and reached out to her, pulling her towards him in an attempt to kiss her. They could make up for loss time, no problem.


Except that hadn't been her problem, because the next thing he knew she had slapped him across the face with an audible slap. "What the hell, Issy?!" Hayden yelled as he rubbed his face."I thought you missed me! Jeez, I just wanted to make you feel better!" he snapped.

"Missed you?! I didn't miss you!" Isobel hissed.

"Then what is your problem?!" Hayden asked.

"My PROBLEM is that Toby died! And your trying to put your fucking hands all over me!" Isobel snapped at him. Oh shit, he hadn't known. How could he have known that Toby died? Hayden was out of town and no one had said anything to him.

"Isobel, I'm so sorry. I didn't know, I really didn't. Do you need to talk?" Hayden asked her. Isobel glared at him and turned to walk away; he stupidly reached out to stop her and she slapped his hand away. "Wait, talk to me. What's going on? Can I do anything?" he asked.


"Yes, you can leave me alone," Isobel told him and he had. Hayden had backed off and gave her time to grieve.

Comments

  1. Okay, so Hayden slinks off out of town and doesn't keep in touch. And Toby dies while he's gone. And he has no clue. No wonder she's pissed. So why didn't he call??

    ReplyDelete
  2. In what world do you leave town for a week and not check in? That doesn't even make sense... I'd be upset if I were her too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 1.47: A Tragic Past

Chapter 1.22: Death's Rules

Chapter 1.45: Breakthrough