Chapter 1.28: Does He Know?

She thought she could handle seeing Hayden again, but it was harder than she thought it was going to be. Isobel tried not to flinch at his touch, and smiled a little as he hugged her. His voice mail said he wanted to talk and then grab dinner. She was starving so she agreed to meet up with him, free food, who could turn that down?


"You wanted to talk?" Isobel asked him, raising her eyebrows.

"Yes," Hayden said. "How was school? We don't attend the same school anymore," he said. She rolled her eyes. Was she really breaking her curfew so he could make small talk with her?

"It was fine, their art program is shit so I'm dealing. People stare at me, and call me 'the paint freak'," Isobel said casually. "Is this really why you wanted to talk?" she asked him.

"Definitely, this is why I wanted to talk. Also, I thought we could talk about us," Hayden said. Wow, she didn't expect him to say that. "So, we will talk because when we didn't before and everything got
fucked up. So let's talk," he said. Her eyes widened, and her mouth opened to say something but no words would come out. "How does being called the paint freak make you feel?" he asked.
 
"Ummm..... I guess it makes me feel like I'm not normal," Isobel said flippantly. "I don't know, why are we talking about this again?" she asked, laughing.


"Because this is what couples do, they talk about things and we are a couple," Hayden said with a smirk. She couldn't but laugh. Wow, just wow. He was crazy. "Is something funny?" he asked.

"Yeah, you thinking that we are a couple is funny. We broke up," Isobel told him.

"No, we took a break and now that break is over. We are a couple again, and this time I will do better. We both will do better this time," Hayden told her.

She watched as he drank of some of his water, and then took a deep breath. Did he know about her and Seth? "Alright, we can try," Isobel said. He smiled, the kind of smile that makes someone uneasy like he was hiding something. "So were you seeing anyone while we uh took a break?" she asked.

"Hmm, nah. You are the only girl I thought about," Hayden said calmly. He kept smiling at her, and then he asked "what about you?"

"Nope, I was too busy trying to adjust to a new school to think about guys," Isobel said. Oh god, what if he did know? What she was going to do?

"Mkay, I'm glad that we are trying again," Hayden said. "I promise, I will be here for you this time and won't be the clueless jerk I was before," he said.

Comments

  1. Why is she going back with him? I'm confused by her actions. She didn't want him to touch her but said okay to trying again? This isn't going to end well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is kind of scary. Like Lifetime Original Movie scary. Why did she lie to him? Why is he lying to her? We all know this isn't going to end well.

    Hayden is kind of a crazy person here.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 1.47: A Tragic Past

Chapter 1.22: Death's Rules

Chapter 1.45: Breakthrough