Chapter 1.33: A Night to Remember


"So how about grilled cheese for our midnight snack?" Seth asked, looking very unsure of himself in the kitchen. Isobel laughed, he really didn't know how to cook. 

"Sounds good to me," Isobel said with a yawn. They had both ordered appetizers and then left the restaurant because of how expensive it was. "Sounds perfect," she corrected herself. She had to admit she was somewhat nervous about him cooking from the freaked out look Valentine was giving him.

"Are you sure you don't want me to cook?" Isobel asked him. He nodded, grinning from ear to ear because it was going well. "He says he can do it," she told Valentine, who laughed nervously. Isobel went over and sat down next to his sister. She was watching some kind of soap opera.

"This shit is funny," Valentine said, grinning at Isobel. Valentine had been more than happy to help the two of them communicate without Hayden knowing which was great. 

A few minutes later there was a horrible high pitch shrieking sound filled the small house they were all and the house filled with smoke. "Oh my fucking God! I knew he couldn't do it! Shit!" Valentine said, jumping off the couch. 


"Oh shit! Oh shit!" Seth yelled out, freaking out worse than Valentine and Isobel were. "I thought I had it! I really did!" he yelled. Isobel wasn't sure if she should laugh or run out the door screaming.

So instead she grabbed the fire extinguisher because both of them were still having a moment and the fire was getting worse.

Comments

  1. Uh Oh! I hope nothing bad happens other than a ruined sandwich and stove!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss firefighters. This chapter is funny. I'm still very interested to see what Isobel's family thinks of her being at this house.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 1.47: A Tragic Past

Chapter 1.22: Death's Rules

Chapter 1.45: Breakthrough