Chapter 1.36: Training for the Future


The last few days had been hard for me, and every time I ask about Isobel mama yells at me about being responsible. What does being responsible have to do with my sister? I just wanted to know how she is but I don't think Mama knows. I need to see my sister, and ask her somethings because I think Mama is going to make me leave to once everything goes down.

"Earth to Serene," Mateo said, looking annoyed. Sometimes I wonder why I asked him to join, but he is a good kid. Well, sometimes he is. "What do you think we should do?" he asked. That's right, I'm the leader of this club.

"I think we should try talking to the vampires," I said. I remembered what the guide said, about choices and it being the catalyst. Mateo looked to me with shock, but if this was going to change everything then it should be the right choice.

"Talk to the blood suckers?" Mateo asked, I nodded.

"Maybe they aren't all horrible," I said.

"Whatever," Mateo mumbled and went back to researching. I hadn't told anyone else about her being a vampire before, and I had a feeling that if Mateo knew it might end up going horribly. Abby and Ashton looked at each other before looking at me again, like we all agreed to lock up that secret for me.

"Alright, I'm gonna go train some. Vamps aren't gonna stake themselves," Abby said. I watched as she walked out of the room and towards the virtual reality pods. A few minutes later I followed her into the pods, and observed her techniques.

"Nice, keep it up!" I said as she dodged yet another virtual attack. I was so glad I asked her to join our cause.

"So, you gonna talk to your mama about her being a vampy?" Abby asked.

"I don't know...." I said.

"If you want I can go with you. I asked my mom once if she was having another baby because she had her stomach sticking out and I almost got wacked on the head. Turns out she was just fat," Abby said and I laughed. I somewhat imagined Abby asking my mama if she was a vampire and how that would go. I inwardly cringed because I think Mama would wack me on the head for it, better not let Abby ask mama.

"I can do it," I said.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------


"What the fuck are you doing here?!" I yelled at Vlad. I had it with him showing up at work and now at my house. My daughters could be here and see him, but then I remembered kicking Isobel out. My mood somewhat changed from angry to depressed. My first born was now pregnant with her own first born and out there on her own.

"I've heard that you're youngest is trying to do something against my kind," Vlad said coldly. I flinched at the coldness in his voice, and shrugged. My daughter and her friends were unaware of vampires, there was no way. "I advise you to put a stop to whatever plans she has or I will, and you won't like it," he said.

"The hell you will," I growled at him. "If you ever come near me or either of my daughters I will gladly put a stake through your cold undead heart!" I snarled. The last person who threatened to do anything with my daughters I put six feet under ground and this undead asshole was no different.

"Try anything against me, and I will see to it that both your daughters know what really happened to your old flame," Vlad said, his eyes boring evil little holes through mine.

"Both of them were no good," I said.

"Oh on the contrary, I do believe Mr. Brothers was quite the gentleman and even the father of little Serene. I would hate to see what happens to little bit of love you have left in your life, and your cold heart. Who knows, perhaps I will turn you back into a vampire and kill them both so you can live out the rest of the your immortal life forever mourning your dead spawn," Vlad said.



Comments

  1. Oh no! How does Vlad know what Serene is up to?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the same question, how does he know??? And did he just confirm that she killed her first husband too? And she really needs to spend some more time with Serene so she can find out what she's up to.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 1.47: A Tragic Past

Chapter 1.22: Death's Rules

Chapter 1.45: Breakthrough