Chapter 1.44: Unknown Substance

Valentine



I hesitated to interrupt him, it looked like it was an interesting book and I knew he needed to read it for his internship at well he never said, just that it was important. "Hey Seth," I started with.

"Yeah?" Seth asked, looking up from his book.

"Do you have a minute?" I asked. I had to admit, I was kind of afraid he would get angry with me for prying into Isobel's past but something wasn't adding up. It was also around the time the two of them started getting close, and led to our family.

"Sure," Seth said, and put his book down. I took a deep breath, and tried to not change my mind about this.

"W-What do you know about Toby Brothers?" I asked him. I could do this, it was important and it would help their soon to be born baby.

"He was like a father to Isobel, and he is Serene's father. That's about it, why?" Seth asked.

"You know I started work at the police department, and I was asked to go through some old cases. His case showed up, they say it ruled out foul play that it was a heart attack that killed him but I found a report on it that said there was some unknown substance found in his intestines," I said. Please don't shoot it, I silently begged him. I wasn't crazy, the evidence was released after the case was closed.

"Unknown substance?" Seth asked, skeptically. I watched him get up, and walk around the sofa to where I was standing. I could see the concern etched into his face, and worry over his family.


"Yes, I am going to look into it and see if I can figure out what it is. Do you know what Isobel remembers about that day? I know it's a horrible to thing to ask, but I have a bad feeling that something isn't right about his death. It's not adding up, at all to me," I said. He shook his head, and I felt bad about dragging this all up.

"You don't know what you're asking of me," Seth said, his voice was quiet and sad. "Losing him, it really hurt her. You're asking me to make her talk about the worse day of her life," he whispered.

"I know, brother, but I'm worried and she is carrying your son. Don't you want to find out for sure? Worse case scenario is that I'm right and someone did kill him. If I'm wrong though, then we will move on," I said.

"You're right," Seth said, and I breathed a sigh of relief. "Find out what that unknown substance is and then I will talk to her. I don't want to involve her if there isn't reason to, and don't you say a word about it until then," he warned me.

"Alright, I hope I'm wrong," I said. Seth nodded, and then went to bed.

Comments

  1. Ohhh, Juniper's gonna get found out! Isobel already doesn't want anything to do with her, this will make her hate her mother. If they find out. It's sweet Seth doesn't want to upset her though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isobel didn't see anything, it was Serene who knows something is up. So Juniper prolly won't get caught.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 1.47: A Tragic Past

Chapter 1.22: Death's Rules

Chapter 1.45: Breakthrough