Chapter 1.46: Meeting Caroline

Hayden

I wasn't sure what I was doing in this tripped up place with all the fancy furniture and nicely decorated walls. It was sure nicer than any place I've been in, before but Julia told me this is where I needed to be at at this specific time. I mean the girl kept emphasizing this time, at exactly 7:00 pm and wouldn't let me forget. It even made Adeline nervous and she was never nervous. 

"Hello dear, you must be Hayden Manson," the blonde lady said. 

"Yeah, that's me," I said, looking her over. She smiled at me, and extended a manicured hand out to me and I reached out to take it. "So, you know Julia?" I asked.

"Tsk, manners are important. I seem to have forgotten mine as well, my name is Caroline Ashford-Marino," Caroline told me. My eyes widened, she was a Marino? "It must be confusimg, I was told you know my step-children? Joseph and Valentine Marino?" she asked. I could only nod, and stare at her. Was this why I was asked to come here? 

"I don't want any trouble," I said. 

"No dear, I simply want to know what they are up to. In exchange, I can see about getting you back into school," Caroline said. My face lit up, and I smiled. If all she wanted was some information about them I was more than happy to tell her everything she wanted to know. 

"What do you want to know?" I asked. 

"Are they still alive?" Caroline asked me. I nodded, did she expect them to have gotten themselves killed? "Where?" She asked. 

"Last I heard they were living in Oasis Springs, but I think Isobel and her shit might have changed that," I said. I was still pissed off about her cheating on me and getting knocked up with that assholes child. "Why do you need to know this?" I asked. 

"They have some importance to me and my husband," Caroline said. I had a hard time believing that she even cared about them because I was getting a twisted feeling about her. It was hard to describe but it was similar to your stomach knotting up. "So who is Isobel?" She asked.

"You didn't say anything about needing information on anyone else other than your step-children," I said, narrowing my eyes. 

"Mr. Manson, I'd hate to see what becomes of you if you forget your manners. Now, who is Isobel?" Caroline asked coldly. I stiffened, suddenly wishing I was anywhere but here. 

"His unborn child's mother, and a damn good artist," I said. She didn't need to know anything else about Issy, and despite not giving a damn about her anymore I didn't want her to get hurt. My gut was telling not to trust a word she said about anything. 

"He's going to be a father?" Caroline asked. 

"No I just said for that shits and giggles," I said, rolling my eyes.

"Do you know the infants gender?" Caroline asked. I shook my head. "Where does she live?" 

"My guess is with Seth," I said. How was I suppose to know where she is now? I haven't talked to her in a long damn time and I don't want to. 

"I suppose I will have to send them a gift for their new addition? Do be a dear and find out where they are residing. You will have to set up a time with Ms. Masters, and return again once you know where they are located. You can see yourself out," Caroline said. I was more than happy to leave this overly fancy house, and turned around to leave.








Comments

  1. Whoa! Hayden, I don't necessarily like you but be careful, be very careful. Is she a vampire? She sends out all kinds of evil vibes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Needing to know the gender of the baby is downright creepy. Hayden is definitely causing trouble. I imagine this will only make his feud with Seth worse.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 1.47: A Tragic Past

Chapter 1.22: Death's Rules

Chapter 1.45: Breakthrough