Chapter 1.49: News and Introductions

Hayden


 "Well, Mr. Manson... this is a bit inappropriate for a meeting... in a bedroom. Oh dear, I seem to be a bit flushed!" Caroline said, giggling like a school girl. I was unfazed, I wanted to be done with her and this business. I wanted to go back to school, and get a degree; she said she would look into it. 

"Have you looked into getting me back into school?" I asked, narrowing my eyes. There was no way I was sharing what I found out with her if she wasn't going to deliver on her end of the deal. Not gonna happen, she could find someone else to manipulate and I would tell Seth about it. That would put a wrench in her plans, whatever they were. 

"Yes Mr. Manson, I have looked into it and I have convinced Willow Creek High School to allow you to take classes there. Now do you have any information about my step children and this Isobel?" Caroline asked. I couldn't believe it, she actually talked to a school and get them to let me go to school there despite my record. This was great.

"How'd you convince them?" I asked. 

"I told them you were moving in with my family and being tutored, plus a large sum of money," Caroline said. 

"Why would you tell them that? I'm not moving in here with you, and I don't need a tutor," I said, crossing my arms. 

"Wouldn't you like to meet the tutor first? And what about the information you were sent to gather?" Caroline asked. I shook my head, that was true. She followed through on her end it was only fair that he delivered too. 

"One condition, you help a couple friends of mine too. Adeline and Bryn, they deserve better than delivering drugs..." I said. Caroline nodded, that was easy. "Isobel had her baby last week, it's a boy. They named him Rylan Parker Bay," I said.


"That's wonderful, it's truly wonderful. Where do they live in Newcrest?" Caroline asked. I wrote down the address, and handed it to her. She was really smiling now, like she couldn't believe I gave her the address. "I will have to send their son a birthday gift, but first you should meet your tutor."


Tabitha

"Tabitha!" Mother's voice came from the other room, and I groaned. What did that woman want now? I got up, because I knew I would be in trouble if I didn't and I was tried of her yelling at me for random stuff. I was exhausted, being out all day with school and then helping daddy look for his children. They would be in their teens or at least the youngest would be, Joseph.
I couldn't but wonder what they were like, did they rock bands? Were they cool or stuck up? Would they like me?


"Tabitha, my dear, meet Hayden Manson. He's the young man you will be tutoring," Mother said, she had a big smile on her face when she said it and I looked over at the kid.

"Umm mom, he looks like he is twenty. Why would I tutor a twenty year old?" I asked, shaking my head. I had agreed, not so nicely, to tutor a high school student. 

"I'm eighteen years old," the boy said, rolling his eyes. "I'm Hayden, by the way, if it matters," he added, nonchalantly. I knew he was checking out me out, I could feel his eyes look me up and down. I cringed inwardly and sighed. 

"Fine, you must be one of the special students if you need help with well... everything," I said, chuckling. Was he one of my mothers charity cases?

"Tabitha!" Mother said, giving me a look. "Apologize to Mr. Manson, you never know. He could end up being your future husband," Mother said with a smirk.

"Mother! Eww!" I said, making a face.

Comments

  1. Hmmm. Using her step daughter for evil ways....not liking this Caroline! And Hayden was so quick to accept her offer. Shame on him.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 1.47: A Tragic Past

Chapter 1.22: Death's Rules

Chapter 1.45: Breakthrough