Chapter 1.50: A Long Time Ago

Juniper 


"Juniper, I hear your concerns about Vlad, but there might not be anything me nor my sister can do for you. The only thing that we can do for sure is to keep an eye on your children and their lineage," Caleb told me. I frowned, I needed more than that and he knew it. The vampire was purposely trying to make life harder for me, and I didn't have enough time.

"There's got to be something more you can do for them, please. I can't stand not knowing what will happen once I'm gone," I pleaded with him.

"You might have cheated death once, but Juniper then Death is not kind to those who have cheated him. Becoming a vampire, immortal and then giving your immortality up," Caleb said, shaking his head.

"I am dying, slowly but I have a feeling I won't be around much longer. I grow weaker and more tired every day. I can't leave this world not knowing my children will be safe," I tried convincing him. I needed to stay alive to be there for my children, and to hopefully be apart of Rylan's life. I wasn't stupid, I know I messed up but now I was focusing on making amends.

"You could always become a vampire again," Caleb suggested, and I shook my head. That is what got me into this whole mess with my daughters, I couldn't make another mess and make their lives harder than needed."Perhaps, you could consider it Juniper. You know my sister likes you and your daughters despite knowing only one of them. Maybe.... if you hadn't meant Vihaun then we might have had something," he said wishfully. I smiled, and he did too but those days were in the past. It no longer mattered if I felt anything for Caleb or if I still did. I had to put my family first and move on.

"If I hadn't meant Vihaun I would have never been blessed with two beautiful little girls," I said softly.

"Let's play some chess, if I remember correctly it was your favorite game," Caleb said. I followed him to the chess table and we sat down as we had so many times before to play.


I laughed, and smirked at the odd look he gave me. "Do tell, love?" Caleb asked.

"I used to play chess with Isobel, my oldest, and she used to have same look on her face as you do now. She was gifted in many things, and I use to watch her paint or think on a move in chess. It just brings back so many memories," I said. I could see the longing in his eyes, and he had been right about us before. If I hadn't married Vihaun then maybe he would be both my little girls father but the world works in strange ways as does fate.

"I promise you, Juniper, I will protect your lineage," Caleb said.

"I know you will," I said.

Comments

  1. This is a weird twist. I still don't like Juniper. She says she wants to protect her daughters....Not buying it. She tossed Isobel out like yesterday's trash. She just wants to live longer. It's a good thing she and Caleb didn't hook up, he would be dead. I don't know why he seems to care for her. And why is he offering to watch out for her daughters? Does he have an ulterior motive?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh and is Serene still trying to kill the vampires? If so, that's going to be even more messed up!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 1.47: A Tragic Past

Chapter 1.22: Death's Rules

Chapter 1.45: Breakthrough