Chapter 1.51: Immortal Sisters Part I

Serene

"Are you sure my skin doesn't look too alien?" Xena asked, frowning. I laughed, she was always worried about how her purple or blue-ish her skin looked. I swear she was the most self conscious alien I have ever met, then again besides her family I didn't know any other aliens.

"Girl, stop worrying! Rock that body of yours!" Abbey said, downing some of her water. I was really glad that I had invited her into my former club and got to know her. I sighed, I missed the Sentinels but then again once I met Lilith and Caleb I didn't want to kill any vampires. They were like normal people except for the fact that they needed blood and the sun burned them. I sometimes went over to their house to play chess with Caleb when mom wanted to talk to Lilith. It was kind of weird though, because Caleb would always look at mom like she was his lover. So gross.

"Yeah, you look amazing. Your outfit really makes you shine," I told her, smiling. Xena and I had drifted apart after my father died but Abbey had encouraged me to reach out to her and I was so glad I did. I felt like I had my family back, even though my sister still didn't live with me and mom. I was glad I got to see Rylan after school. That kiddo was smart!


"Hey chicks, Isobel said I could bring a friend to her place this weekend. Who wants to be my sidekick?" I asked, smirking. Mom let me spend weekends with Isobel and her family now that I was technically old enough to spend the night away from home.

"Is Rylan going to be there?" Xena asked.

"No, he's going to be on vacation," Abbey said sarcastically. Xena looked away, and I sighed. Abbey could be such a smart ass sometimes! Ugh, I hated that sometimes."He'll be there, girl. The punk is only four remember, not exactly old enough to be on his own," she said. I nodded, he had recently turned four too. It was crazy how fast he grew up.

"Oh cool, do you think he'll like me?" Xena asked.

"He's four, he likes anyone that smiles at him. He was more sociable than I was at that age!" I said, laughing. It was true, he talked to anything that moved.


"Oh yeah, good point," Xena said. "I can ask my mom if I can borrow some cash to get the little guy a new toy," she said.

"Hey Serene, do you think your sister would be cool if we both stayed with you? I need to spend some one on one time with the little punk," Abbey said.

"I can ask," I said.

"Excuse me, do you mind moving your conversation else where?" A female voice asked.

"Umm I guess," I answered as the blonde glared at us. She was here all the time, and always got mad when we sat here. Lame drunk, she always had to call a cab to take her home.

"Why? So you can drink and lose your lunch on the floor like always. Get a life, drunk," Abbey said, glaring back at her.

"Don't you three have to be in school?" she asked.

"It's a Saturday," Xena said, watching her.

Comments

  1. Wow, who is that blonde that they were so mean to each other?

    So Serene is still living with her mom even though they have had a rough time, but I guess what else could she do. She seems like she has made up with her. I wonder if Valentine found the evidence she needs to convict Juniper of killing Serene's father. That will change things for sure.

    And she likes vampires now. I think I remember now from before she was changing her mind about wanting to kill them. Interesting. Does Caleb know what all Juniper did?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 1.47: A Tragic Past

Chapter 1.22: Death's Rules

Chapter 1.45: Breakthrough