Chapter 1.52: Immortal Sisters Part II

Serene

"Hey, don't start anything with this drunk Abbey," I said, and tapped Xena's shoulder looking over at the karaoke room or well one of them. "Want to give it a go?" I asked, grinning. My alien friend grinned back and darted into the room. 

"I'm going to be the worlds first alien singer," Xena said, grabbing a microphone and tossing me the other one. "And you will be my willing or unwilling partner," she said, and turned the machine on. I looked through the window of the door to see Abbey still antagonizing the blond lady, and shook my head.

"You bet. Do you think Abbey will ever calm down?" I asked, frowning. 
"Nah, she lives for drama and chaos," Xena said, picking one of the country songs. "Let's make some ears bleed," she said as the song started to play. 





"Man, that was fun. We should have like karaoke Saturdays and perfect our horrible singing," I said. She nodded, and frowned as she looked at me. "What's up?" I asked.

"Are you sure you want me around Rylan? I'm like purple, what if he thinks people have purple skin after that?" Xena asked. I smiled, she definitely was the most self conscious alien and person I have ever met. I thought about making a joke out of her concern but she was really sensitive; I didn't want to upset her. 

"He's a smart four year old, he will probably ask why you have purple skin and then pester you with questions," I said. "Besides, I think you will be better around him than our drama queen of a friend," I added. "I'm sorry I stopped talking to you for as long as I did," I said quietly. Xena was the first  friend I ever made kind of like Ashton was like a brother to me and kind of boyfriend. That whole dynamic was pretty odd but having a brother/boyfriend figure in my life was also nice. 

"I know, you're father died and well I think losing a family member changes anyone," Xena said. I smiled, it did change me for the worse. I became so obsessed with vampires and revenge that I isolated myself. "You're always going to be my best friend," she added.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 1.47: A Tragic Past

Chapter 1.22: Death's Rules

Chapter 1.45: Breakthrough