Chapter 1.53: Don't Leave Me

"Papa, I have question," Rylan said, looking at Seth like he was their sons hero. I had to admit that I was terrified the first time I ever held him, and was so unsure about being a seventeen year old mother. I got lucky, really lucky with Seth being the pillar that held me up when I wanted to quit and Valentine always encouraging me.

"Yeah, Ry?" Seth asked the four year old.

"Do Xena live on spaceship?" Rylan asked. I laughed, and Seth smiled; he was our little burnt marshmallow. I still remembered telling my own mother that I must be a burnt marshmallow because of my black hair.


"Hmm, that's a good question. What do you think honey?" Seth asked, grinning. He was such a good father to our son, it really warmed my heart to see them together. I watched as Seth helped him out of his pajamas and into cute little super man outfit.

"Well, I think she lives on a spaceship house," I said teasingly. Rylan frowned, and I smiled as I knelt down to pick him up.

"Silly mama! Only have spaceships!" Rylan said giggling. I made a face, and carried my son downstairs as he still didn't like stairs sometimes. "Work today?" he asked.

"Yeah, mama and papa have work today," Seth told him as he followed us downstairs.

"NO! Stay here," Rylan said, sniffling. I sighed, we went through this every morning Seth and I had to work. He didn't understand that we couldn't play with him every day all the time, and if I was being honest I was almost out of patience with him.


"Now come on Ry, we talked about this," I said, looking up as Seth headed towards the door for work. "Heading out?" I asked him. It was great how he was leaving me with this and not even saying anything to help. I sighed, and blew him a kiss.

"Yeah, got to be there early today," Seth said, and blew a kiss back. "Rylan, be good for Aunty Val. I'll see you guys when I get off tonight," he said and then he walked out the door.

"Papa, misses you," Rylan yelled after him sniffling.

"Ry baby, it will be ok. He'll come back," I said as he turned to look at me with a frown. He shook his head and kept on sniffling. "Come on, lets go upstairs and play with some blocks before mama has to leave for work," I said going upstairs. I watched over my shoulder as he followed behind me and then helped him set up the blocks,







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 1.47: A Tragic Past

Chapter 1.22: Death's Rules

Chapter 1.45: Breakthrough