Chapter 1.54: Rylan the Player Part I

I was a little anxious because this was his first play date and what if he bit another kid? Or worse, impaled one with something sharp? Should I make sure there are no sharp objects at this play date? I was also nervous because everyone in our neighborhood knew that I had Rylan when I was seventeen. What if our son would never have any friends because of me?

"Baby, calm down. You're starting to make me feel nervous too and I have to be at work soon," Seth told me. How could I calm down though? What if everything went wrong? "Our boy is just like me, and I make friends easily," he said, with a proud look on his face. I shook my head, there was a number things that could go wrong.


"Just like you? You got into all kinds of trouble when you were a kid!" I said, rolling my eyes.

"Hey it was all in good fun," Seth said, smirking.

"Mama, we go now? Pwease?" Rylan asked as he walked over to me. I sighed, we might as well head out so I could remove all the sharp objects from the area.

"Take care of your mom, son!" Seth yelled as we headed out the door. Rylan giggled as we went out to the car. I silently begged whatever God existed for everything to go well and for them to not judge my son based on my actions.

If I could go back in time I wouldn't change anything, my son was the best part of my life but I always wondered if my irresponsible actions would make him struggle. We had just moved to this house a few days ago because we could finally afford to move to a better neighborhood and so far the neighbors weren't too bad. They hadn't judged his us yet, and I prayed they never would.

Everyone made mistakes, and mine turned out to be a blessing in disguise. I smiled as I drove us to the park; Seth was right. Everything would be fine.

Comments

  1. Awww. Rylan is a cutie! It'd so cute how she worries about him.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 1.47: A Tragic Past

Chapter 1.22: Death's Rules

Chapter 1.45: Breakthrough