Chapter 1.55: Rylan the Player Part II


I have to admit, I was not expecting this at all but there was my son hugging that other toddler. What was her name? I suppose it doesn't matter, but what did matter was my son hugging her and the immediate thought of her mother getting angry at me, or worse at him.

"Ry-Ry, play with me?" the cute voice of the toddler asked him. Ry-Ry? The girl had already given him a nickname? How cute, maybe this wasn't a bad thing that they were that close together. I then realized that her mother wasn't running or yelling at anyone, not even my son for touching her daughter.

"Yep!" Rylan replied happily, smiling at her. Okay, I thought, this wasn't horrible. No, this was great.
I followed quietly behind them as they went over to the slide and watched as the girl, Kealyn, attempted to climb the slide. She had almost fell backwards a few time and her mother was chatting away with someone on the other side of the park. Deciding that I couldn't let her get hurt because what kind of parent would I be if I let my son's first friend get hurt?

I walked over, and stood behind her with hands on her back as she climbed up the ladder; cheering when she stood up on the top and smiled as her mom turned to mouth thank you in my direction. I nodded back, smiling at her.



"Okay," I said, encouraging the little girl to slide down as she looked down the slide in uncertainty. "I got you, come on down," I coaxed her. I smiled and kept talking to her as she slowly sat down then with one more encouragement I cheered as she came sliding down as she giggled.

"Yay Kea!" Rylan said at the bottom of the ladder. I laughed, my son was probably going to have all the girls following him after him. "My turn! My turn!" he said, giggling.


"Hold on, let me get over there to make sure you don't fall," I said and then walked back around the slide.

"I'm old 'nough to do it," Rylan said.

"Look mommy, I'm superman!" Rylan said, smiling and waving at Kealyn's older sister.

"What a cute superman you are," I said, grinning at him. He made a face then started to sit down so I hurried over to the other side so I could catch him.


"Weeeee!" Rylan yelled as he slid down the slide. "Where did Kea go?" he asked. I set him down and looked around. "Mommy, can I play with her some more?" Rylan asked me.

"Yeah, I think she went to the ball pit. Maybe?" I said, smiling at him.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 1.47: A Tragic Past

Chapter 1.22: Death's Rules

Chapter 1.45: Breakthrough