Chapter 1.56: The Odds Part I

I was almost dreading seeing Hayden tonight, I mean we were dating and all that but at the same time I was also using him to find out about this Seth Marino. We had the same last name and it looked a lot like everything fit together. He was twenty-three years old and apparently had a son, which was a little weird. Who has a kid at twenty-three?

I had asked my father to sit and down talk with me about them more because I wanted to see if he wanted to meet his potential son with me. I mean I had googled everyone with the last name of Marino and ignored everyone who didn't have red hair but they could have dyed their hair. Or they could have a different last name, but I had a got feeling that this Seth and Valentine my long lost siblings.


"What did you want to talk about, darling?" He asked me, and I smiled or rather grinned.

"I think I found them, your children and my half-siblings," I said. He looked at me, and then sighed. "What's wrong? This is like the best option! Seriously everything matches up with what I know and with what you said," I said, trying to convince him.

"It's likely not them, darling. It's best to not get your hopes up. We've been actively searching for them for four years now and nothing has come up. My private investigator couldn't even track them down," Daddy said. I frowned, this wasn't going down like this. Absolutely not, not when we were so close to finding them.

"We didn't know what Hayden knows though, we didn't have his information and everything. He wouldn't lie to me," I said. "Come on don't you want to meet your potential grandson?" I asked.

"My potential grandson?" Daddy asked me. I nodded. Hopefully hearing that he probably had a grandson would get him to come meet them with me, if not then I didn't know what would. "What does he look like? Red hair?" Daddy asked.

"From what I've heard, he has black hair like his mother but his fathers green eyes," I told him. I haven't met any of them yet, and I really wanted to take my dad with me. I wanted to see how happy he was after being reunited with his children.

"Hmm, I bet he is a charmer. All Marino males are quite good with the ladies," Daddy said, smiling a little. "Don't tell your mother but I have a few pictures of my son hidden in my wallet. Want to take a look?" he asked. I nodded and he took out the pictures
.










"Who took the pictures?" I asked, and he smiled even wider.

"Their mother," Daddy said.

"Really? What was she like? What was her name?" I asked. I couldn't really explain why I wanted to know, just that I had this love for someone who I didn't even know. I guess it was because she was the mother of my half-siblings.

"Her name was Gabrielle Holloway, and she was the love of my life. She loved them both dearly, and was always taking them to the park. Never once did they stay in except if it was late and too dark. Her smile lit up every room she walked into, and her laugh sounded like hundreds of angels singing as did her sweet voice. Their mother, my late wife, was like no other," Daddy said softly. I smiled, I wished she was still alive so I could meet the woman who had made my dad so happy and loved unconditionally.

"Do you think she would have liked me? I mean if she were still alive would she have loved me too?" I asked, looking down. I wouldn't have been her own blood but she sounded like she would have cared for me too and possibly would have me happier than what my own mother did.

"Darling, their mother would have loved you like her own children. It wouldn't have mattered if you weren't hers or not, she would have loved you still," Daddy said. I smiled, wiping a few stray tears from my eyes. "This is her," he said and pulled out some more pictures.










"She's beautiful," I whispered.

"Yes, darling, she was quite beautiful," Daddy said.

Comments

  1. Getting closer to finding out who Seth and Valentine really are. So she is dating Hayden for information. Haha! He better not find out. I don't trust him.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 1.47: A Tragic Past

Chapter 1.22: Death's Rules

Chapter 1.45: Breakthrough