Chapter 1.57: The Odds Part II

Tabitha 

 I could hardly sit still on the way to the house, and the closer we got the more butterflies I had in my stomach. This was it, after four years of searching and not finding anything we were finally about to find them after all this time. I could even see Daddy was nervous, and every time I said something about it was the same response. He would tell me to not get my hopes up, but how could I not have high hopes right now? I might be meeting my half-siblings after so many years of thinking I was an only child. 

"Here we are, darling," Daddy said. The two of us sat there in the car for what felt like forever before he finally reached for the door. I followed suit, and took a deep breath at the same time. I sighed, and walked quickly over to the front door.I didn't knock until he was standing a little behind me, and then waited for someone, anyone, to open the door. 

No one did, it didn't even sound like anyone lived here. Did Hayden lie to me? He promised me this was the right place, but yet no one answered the door. "Well, it was a good try," Daddy said, I could hear the disappointment in his voice.

"No, this is what he told me. He told me they lived here," I said, trying to not get teary eyed. There was no way Hayden would lie to me. It wasn't possible.

"Excuse me," came a soft voice. I turned a little to see lady with long brown hair and I smiled, or tried to.
 
"You wouldn't happen to be Isobel Bay?" I asked, the woman laughed softly.

"No, but if you are looking for her I am afraid you arrived a month late. You see, Isobel and Seth moved to a new neighborhood last month," the woman said softly. My face must have lit up because she smiled more, and then said "if you want I can show you where they live now."

"Yes, that would be lovely," Daddy said. I blinked, did I hear what I think I heard? I looked over at my dad, and giggled. He was staring at her, I couldn't help but to smile at this as it seemed like he was a little flustered by how cute this woman was. "Excuse me miss, but I don't believe I heard your name?" 

The woman seemed a little flustered herself, and I grinned. "Oh, that's right. It's Antoinette, but you may call me Tony if you want," Tony said, still flustered. "Let me change into something more appropriate for travel and we'll head right over," she said. 

Once she was back in her house, I looked over at Daddy and smirked. "She's cute, huh?" I asked. He just looked me and put a finger his lips. I shook my head at him and smiled as she came back a few minutes later in something else. "Nice outfit," I said. She smiled, and then looked over at Daddy. Oh this was going to be great.


Not even ten minutes later we were all getting in her car and driving to where she said they lived now. It wasn't that long of drive, and before long we parked outside of a beautiful white house with a fountain on the outside. "Ready?" Tony asked. I looked at Daddy and he nodded, giving my hand a squeeze. We all got out of the car and walked over to the front door as she knocked my heart pounded away in my chest.

"Come on in!" came a male voice on the other side. Tony looked at us, and then opened the door as we followed suit. "Over here!" the same male voice called from what looked like a kitchen area.

"Hey Seth, how have you been?" Tony asked the man sitting at the white table.

"Joseph?" Daddy said, his voice sounding strangled as he walked briskly over to the table. The man blinked, and then there was silence. I could see the resemblance between the two of them.



"Yes? How do you know my name?" the man asked, looking to Tony for help. Daddy shook his head, I could see the tears starting to form in his eyes. After so many years of looking for his children he had finally found them.

"You probably don't remember me, but son I'm your father," Daddy said. I heard Tony gasp, and I stood there behind her unsure of what to say.

"My father? I was adopted...." Seth told him. Daddy shook his head, tears falling down his face as he smiled sadly at his son.

"No son, it's a long story but you weren't adopted. You see.... you and your sister were kidnapped a long time a-" Daddy started to say but then there were soft footsteps and a little voice as a toddler came running over.

"Daddy!" yelled the toddler. Seth stood up as did Daddy and then a woman came up behind Seth. I guess she had to be Isobel because she matched the description Hayden gave me of her and I smiled, hoping maybe she would say something but she just watched as the toddler came over.

"What's up little man?" Seth asked, and it hit me. The toddler was their son, but I couldn't remember his name.


The toddler looked around, and frowned clearly confused by who we were which was expected. If his parents didn't know who they were then how could he?

Authors Note: The lovely Antoinette Cross is from CitizenErased14's Ashes to Ashes! Miss Cross will now be more active in this story and you should definitely expect to see her in future chapters!

Comments

  1. He found them. Nice! And good to see Tony! Maybe she will hookup with Seth's father!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 1.47: A Tragic Past

Chapter 1.22: Death's Rules

Chapter 1.45: Breakthrough