Chapter 1.60: New Neighbor Part II

Serene

It was early the next the morning my phone went off with a message from Zeta, and I had to laugh because it wasn't just one message it was five different messages. The first of which was asking me to meet him in San Myshuno and the last four were apologizing for getting my number from my thoughts. Figures, he couldn't just stay of my mind but it was whatever and despite my irritation with him I decided to meet him. I sent him a quick message and then changed into another outfit; my hair was a bit terrible this morning so I just pulled it back. A little while later I was at the Waterside Warble and went over to where she saw Zeta saw me as he stood up.



"Lovely, did you like my good morning messages?" Zeta asked, laughing. I was a little confused because I wasn't sure what I was suppose to say in response to him. "Please don't be angry with me as I couldn't help but get your number from you," he said, a little more apologetically.

"Well, I asked you to stay out of my mind," I told him, shaking my head. I really wasn't angry with him but I felt like I needed to let him know I didn't appreciate it.

"Ah lovely, I understand. It shall not happen again, you have my word," Zeta said with a smile. "Shall we try some cream cola? I hear this karaoke place has the best cream cola," he said and gestured to the bar. I shrugged, and followed him over to the bar where he ordered us a drink. "Don't worry about the check, it is on me, lovely," he said as he took a sip.


"Oh this taste heavenly!" Zeta exclaimed as he finished the entire glass of cream cola. I shook my head and went to pick up my glass as he grinned. "I don't even think the food on Sixam taste this good! Lovely, you've got to try it!" he said, using dramatic hand gestures.

"I am," I said as he took a few sips. He was right, it was delicious and I gulped down the rest with a grin.
  

"Hey Serene," Allen said from behind us and ordered himself a drink. I mumbled a hello to him and tried not to laugh at the look Zeta gave him.

"Who might you be?" Zeta asked, a little uncomfortably. 

"Allen Marlow," Allen said, raising her eyebrow. "Venus didn't say anything about another alien family around,"he said, I rolled my eyes.

"Venus doesn't know everything, especially since Xena is well aware of my family and where we are located," Zeta told him with narrowed eyes. I didn't know much but I did know from Xena that he was suppose to get with her because of some arrangement they had. 

"Ah that's right, you turned down her family's offer," Allen said. 

"Stop being an asshole, just because my sister turned you down doesn't mean you can talk to people like this," I told him. It was at that moment that Zeta busted out laughing and almost fell out of his chair.

"Looks like lovely just burned you and if I were you I would walk away before you are burned even more," Zeta said, smirking. Allen grumbled something under his breath and stalked off with his drink. I had to admit I felt a little bad for Zeta, but at the same time I was glad he didn't stick with Xena.  "I'm sorry for him," he said, a small smile lingering on his face.

"Why? It's not your fault," I said.

"Well, I was suppose to be with Xena but I didn't feel anything for her and my family values instincts over anything else," Zeta said. I gave him a small smile and wondered what his instincts told him about me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 1.47: A Tragic Past

Chapter 1.22: Death's Rules

Chapter 1.45: Breakthrough