Chapter 1.59: New Neighbor Part I

Serene


"Who might you be?" came an odd sounding voice from a short distance away. I looked up from my chess board to see a white blue alien staring at me with what she thought was something between wonder and admiration. 



"I wasn't aware of another alien moving into the neighborhood," I said calmly. I was still trying to figure out who he was and why he was staring at me like he was. It was a little unnerving, especially his laugh as he shook his head at me. I was beginning to see the start of a smirk on his face and I raised my eyebrows. A girl simply couldn't play a late night game of chess without being bothered by some random alien.

"And I wasn't aware a lovely creature such as yourself was merely a walk away," the alien said. "Do tell, what is your name lovely?" he asked me. I couldn't hold back the laughter as it was just too funny and he grinned. "Such a lovely creature has such a sweet laugh! I must be in heaven," he said, chuckling to himself. 

"Does that line work on any girl?" I asked, snickering. He shook his head and then took a seat across from me as I set the board for a game. "I'm Serene, and you?" I asked.

"Ohhh you even have a lovely name! Lovely, you may call me Zeta," Zeta said as he sighed. "And my lines are only for lovely creatures such as yourself  others simply couldn't understand the beauty of them," he said, making move. It was a decent move, but she could do better. 

"Oh okay," I said, giggling. The two of us played for a little bit, each move he got better and better as if he was reading my mind. "Hey! Stay out of my head," I told him, narrowing my eyes at him.

"It is such a lovely mind though!" Zeta said, frowning. "If you wish for me to stay out of it, then answer me this question. What has such a lovely creature so sad?" He asked.
 "What? Oh..... just normal teenage drama," I replied. Could I be that transparent? I thought I had been hiding how I've felt pretty well, but I guess aliens were good at seeing the truth.

"Now lovely, it feels like more than that to me, don't lie now," Zeta said calmly. There was something about him that told me I could trust him and the odd thing is it wasn't because of whatever mind tricks he could do. "Whatever you say will not leave this chess table," he reassured. 

"Well... I just lost a good friend last week. He wanted to be more than friends but I only saw him as a brother and he didn't take it that well," I said quietly. Zeta nodded, he looked more sincere than he did a few minutes ago. "I guess I thought being childhood friends would mean something but apparently I was wrong," I said, sighing.

"It should mean something, and this friend was an idiot if he chose to end your friendship over something like that," Zeta said. I was a little surprised to hear what he said and he smiled, placing his hand on mine. I shivered as I felt something move up my arm, and there was this weird tingly feeling.

"D-Did you do that?" I asked, a little out of breath. 

"No lovely, I felt it too," Zeta said.


"I think I should head home... I'm already breaking curfew and my mom can be very strict sometimes," I said and stood up. 

"Allow to walk you home I would hate to see something happen to you and there are things that lurk in the dark," Zeta said, standing as well. 

"You mean vampires?" I asked, raising my eyebrow. He knew about vampires?

"Yes lovely, I would hate for you to become a snack for one of those dreadful creatures. Let's get you home," Zeta said and walked with her back to her house.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 1.47: A Tragic Past

Chapter 1.22: Death's Rules

Chapter 1.45: Breakthrough