Chapter 1.62: To Our Family


"Hey Mom," Rylan said, grinning at me. He looked like his father in his little outfit for our wedding except for his hair which he got from me. It was almost off setting to see a little black haired Seth running around and at times I was almost scared for him. Would our son inherent our families drama? The horrible secrets and heart break that we had went through? I didn't want any of that, not one day of hurt or despair for my children. Today wasn't a day to worry though instead today was the one day where the past could no longer hurt us. Today was going to be the first of many days where we weren't afraid of what was to come.

Today was our wedding day. "What's up little man?" I asked.

"Oh, I just wanted to say you look really pretty in your wedding dress," Rylan said, blushing a little. I smiled back at him. He was such a kind little boy, he had been a light in our darkness and finally we could give him a life without worry.

"Aren't you sweet," Venus said, bringing her hands up to her face to brush away some tears. "I remember when we first met and how we didn't do anything without each other. Look at us now, you have a seven year old and two year old while I have a three year old. Oh how we have changed," she said quietly. I nodded in agreement. She was very right in how the times have changed us but I wouldn't change a thing. Alright, I would change my mother. I would change her murdering Toby and then killing herself when we found out. Everything would be so much better if she hadn't done that but at the same time I might not have two wonderful children in my life.  I might not have gotten close to Seth and made new friends.

"Hey Ry-Ry!" came Kealyn's voice from across the aisle. Kealyn and Rylan had become close friends. I watched as she ran over to us smiling warmly at her, maybe one day those two would make a cute couple or just make cute friends. I sighed and went to check on Destiny, my two year old, who was currently giving the Nanny a hard time while Tony and Valentine came over.


"You look pretty Kealyn," Rylan said. His little friend smiled, blushing in return and the older ladies laughed. It was almost time for the ceremony to begin, and I was starting to feel nervous. It had been a long time since I had gotten butterflies in my stomach.

"Can everyone please take their seats, it's time for the bride and groom to say their vows," Valentine said. We had put her in charge of organizing the wedding because she was the only who had time.


"Isobel Clair Bay, I have loved you from the moment I saw you despite seeing you with another. You had stolen my heart and much like the beautiful paintings you create you have created something even more beautiful with us. You have showed me love and treated me like no one ever has. You have taught to never give up on family. You have even taught me to be a proper lover," Seth said clearly. "You have not just made my life worth living but you have given me two more reasons to fight for our family. You have given me two beautiful and kind children. You have given me the family I have always wanted and for that I offer you my heart and soul," he finished.


"Joseph Nicholas Marino, you have helped me through so much already and I can never repay you for that. If it wasn't for you I don't where I would be in this world and I'd be stuck in a dark place without hope of getting out. You have stuck by me through the worse of times already, and I am so lucky to have you by my side for the times to come. Since the beginning of our time together you were more than some boy or some man, you were the only one who could get through to me. You were the only who loved me at my worse. And now you are the only one who I want to spend the rest of our life with and the only man I want to have as the father of our two beautiful children. Please, Seth, never let go of us," I said, smiling and trying not to cry with happiness.

"I couldn't let you go even if I wanted to," Seth whispered. We decided to not have a priest at our wedding, having two children before marriage might not go so well with one. We had opted to say our vows and then skip the priest.



Author's Note: And with this we ease away from a drama filled generation into more relaxed chapters for a little while! I hope everyone enjoyed this chapter as I truly enjoyed giving these two the wedding they deserved!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 1.47: A Tragic Past

Chapter 1.22: Death's Rules

Chapter 1.45: Breakthrough