Chapter 1.67: The Joke Off

Rylan 
 

Man I wish we could do this every night, but there was school. Ugh, why did we need school anyways? 

"Dang... I didn't know you could tell some pretty funny jokes, Maxie," I said, laughing at the last one she told. Kealyn had almost fallen off the sofa twice now as Maxine had let the jokes go, and I had to admit it was kind of funny seeing Kealyn scramble to stay on the sofa. 

"Hey, what is it called when a cat wins a dog show?" I asked, grinning. I was almost certain I was going to stump them this time, but then Maxine laughed and shook her head.

"A CAT-HAS-TROPHY!" Kealyn said, giggling. How could they stump me but I couldn't stump them? "That was an easy one, everyone knows it," she said.

"I didn't," Maxine said gently, still giggling.

"Hey kiddos," Mr. Folly said, as he walked in followed by Mrs. Folly. "I see we are competing for who has the best jokes, and I have one that will stump you all!" Mr. Folly said. "What goes in hard and dry, but comes out soft and wet?" he asked.

"Jack!" Mrs. Folly said, giving him a look. 

"Gum!" Mr. Folly said, "but I like where your mind is going." Then he picked Mrs. Folly up and slung her over his shoulder as she laughed and shook her head. "On that note, I believe we have some important business to discuss," he said winking as we got off the sofa as he acted like he was going to toss her on it.




 It was probably a good thing that Kealyn's sister and grandparents walked through the doors then or else Mrs. Folly would have been tossed down.


"Oh my, look what we walked into dear," Kealyn's grandmother said, laughing.

"Indeed, makes me want to get busy, hmm?" Kealyn's grandfather said, winking at her. Her grandmother laughed and shook her head.

"Oh please, you can't even get it up anymore," Kealyn's grandmother said, laughing even harder.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 1.47: A Tragic Past

Chapter 1.22: Death's Rules

Chapter 1.42: Who Are the Marinos?