Chapter 1.18: Writing Universe


Isobel had been ecstatic when she had gotten the letter from Universe; she had tore open the seal and nearly the letter but as soon as she had it out of the envelope she read it. She, of course, read it about three times as if she were trying to memorize every word. It had been quite some time since she had first submitted her profile to the Pen Pals site and now she finally had her own pen pal!

Her mama had been a bit weary of the idea and the compromise was her mama being there when she wrote to the person but now Isobel was sixteen years old. Sorry mama, she thought, but I don't need to be watched every second now. She looked at the picture that she had came with it, and had to squint some to see a very vague outline of what looked like another child. A ghost? Universe was friends with a ghost? That was cool! Isobel, still grinning, began to write back to Universe making sure not to leave any details out.

Dear Universe and Christy,

It's lovely to hear from you both! I can't even begin to explain how I excited I am to have gotten your letter. It was definitely hard to see you CG and I am curious, how do ghost live? Do they live like normal people? Oh, I'm sorry. I don't want to get you in trouble, forget I even asked! As for my friends, I have a few good friends and I think I can manage to include some pictures too.


That's Toni in the picture with me, the one with the blonde hair and of course I'm the one with black hair. Haha! I've known her since I was eight years old and now we are both sixteen. We've done so many crazy things together!




This isn't the best picture, but the girls are Emm and Ciera. I have also known them since I was eight years old. The red headed boy, his name is Seth and I guess he is nice. We went on a date and I was hoping to get to know him better, needless to say it didn't quite turn out so well! He just ignored me, maybe next time it will be better! I don't have anymore current pictures of my friends so I will just tel you about them! There's Allen, he's the gloom and doom kind of teen which is kind of annoying sometimes but I don't mind. He was my first ever friend at school and we've stuck together ever since we met in art class. Then there is Venus, who is an alien, and we've gotten along pretty well. She's so driven and into science stuff. Do you have aliens where you are from? I hope so! They really are nice people, not everything you hear about them is true. 

And I CANNOT believe that people don't paint where you're from! That's insane! I would die if I couldn't paint, technology is horrible sometimes. One day, I'm going to open my own art gallery and be a world class artist. That's my dream, but it's a long ways away from now. I'm going to this really nice school where they train you on what you focus in, but my instructor is really mean and makes me feel like I'm not doing anything right. 

Wish I could talk more but I think my friends just got here! Can't wait to hear you from again!

Sincerely,
Isobel Bay (AKA future world class artist)

Comments

  1. Oh...She is doing pen pals too! Sadly I haven't read all of the letters. There are so many! I should check this one out for sure. 😁

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also didn't know she had a pen pal! I'm hoping you link to her pal's letters when you write back so I can read both. 😀

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 1.47: A Tragic Past

Chapter 1.43: The Razors

Chapter 1.42: Who Are the Marinos?